15 Jun Don’t waste your time: create the right sort of content
Not publishing the right content? Chances are it’s not doing anything for your business.
It pays to create the right sort of content
“You will never get a second chance to make a first impression.” – Will Rogers
Assuming that you’re consistently creating high quality content, then you’re already on the right track. But’s it’s not enough to just create content, you need to ensure it’s:
- Relevant to your industry
- Useful to the reader, and
- Honest, accurate and reliable
In a Dragon 360 Marketing survey over 50% of consumers said that reading a blog had an influence on their purchasing decisions, and 61% stated they’re more likely to make a purchase from a company who delivers quality custom content on a consistent basis.
Without the right content it’s harder for your audience to see any value and they’ll keep scrolling on, and you’ll lose a potential customer.
So what is the right content?
It needs to be a fusion of great (original) writing and SEO focused key words and phrases, because unless Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) find you organically, you’ll never reach your target audience.
If you’re too focused on SEO and key word ‘stuffing’ so the rest of your content is poor quality, even if you rank in the top results initially, your time there will be limited.
More importantly, people are smart and will know if you’ve just packed your post full of SEO keywords – they’ll never click past the title, engage with your products or convert into paying customers.
Defining your goals will help you get your content right
Before you crack your knuckles and set about writing you need to do your research.
Ask yourself how this content supports your marketing strategy – you need to know who will be reading your post, and where they’re going to find it.
- Who are you creating the content for?
- And which channels will you be delivering your content on?
Getting to know your audience in depth is key, and research will ensure you’re creating the right content to help you build connections and get that all-important engagement.
It’s not enough to just know who you are writing for and where they will find the content, you also need to know how what you’ve written will drive them towards spending money with your business. Once you understand what your readers are looking for and correlate their needs with how your products or services might appeal to them your content will start to deliver results.
Nail your topic, and the rest will fall into place
Once you’ve established you marketing strategy, defined your goals and delved into understanding your audience, the next challenge awaits:
How do you choose a strong blog or article topic to write about?
Come at it from your customer’s perspective; think about the questions they ask, problems they’ve expressed, or engaging topics they may be interested in. Then create content with an angle that’s relevant to your business.
Sounds daunting, but you don’t have to do it alone:
- Use your analytics and metrics to review your content that has performed well so far
- Created content that did well in the past? Revisit and update it, then reshare
- Tell your audience about a new product or service
- What are your competitors posting? Is there anything there that also applies to your business?
- Create a poll or a post to ask your audience outright what they’re interested in
- Read through FAQs and comments on posts (both your own and your competitors)
- Or outsource your content creation to a professional Australian copywriter with a proven track record, get the right content delivered without any of the headaches
Don’t waste time creating the wrong sort of content
Generic blogs won’t cut it amongst all the online content, you need to provide real value. Here’s how:
- Be customer-centric and remember your audience
- Remind the reader about your unique selling points (what makes you different)
- Answer their questions and reassure them that you know what you’re talking about
- Get them thinking about other ways they can use your products to solve their problems
Let us handle it for you
At Get Copy, we’re an Australian Content Creation Agency and we know how to create the right type of content for any business. And I mean any business; we’ve written for global financial companies, premium skincare brands, real estate moguls and much more.
Our regular content packages can ensure you have all the blogs, articles, and social posts you need to help you achieve your marketing targets. We offer free no-obligation strategy sessions as well, so even if you’d just like some help planning your own content it’s worth reaching out.Get a FREE Strategy Session